5 Feelings You Experience Before Graduation, as Told by the Gilmore Girls
Spring semester, senior year of college stirs up feelings of anxiety, excitement, fear, sadness, and much more. You are leaving your home of four years while starting your life in the real world where you can live on your own terms.
These are all emotions that I have been grappling with recently. To more accurately depict this time in a student’s life, here are five feelings you experience before graduation, as told by the Gilmore Girls.
1. Realizing that applying to jobs absolutely, positively sucks
Not only is finding jobs that you are interested in on a multitude of websites a feat in itself but applying to them is a whole other process. While your resume stays the same, writing a new cover letter for each one becomes tedious and stressful. What if I don’t write the correct company name? Did I spell everything correctly? What if something isn’t grammatically correct? Additionally, you can apply to five jobs every day for months and still not have a job. Rory is right, it just sucks.
2. Feeling pressure from your parents to get a successful job and move out
Wanting to please your parents adds a whole new level of pressure to the job hunt. They always want the best for you, but that also means getting a job right out of college, making good money, and providing for yourself the second that diploma is in your hand. No pressure right?
3. Getting turned down, or not even hearing back from the companies you applied to
Getting your first “you’re not the right fit” email can be crushing, but after the fifth or so you must find it comical in order to survive. Getting turned down is part of the process and while it does hurt, you must keep going and apply to more jobs!
4. Trying to forget you have applied to over 50 jobs and still have not landed one
Similar to feeling number 3, you have to cope with rejection and while we are young and 21 no one is stopping you from pouring a glass of wine to ease the stress.
5. Re-motivating yourself because you still want to succeed
After all of the frustration and stress, let’s be honest, you still want to be successful! Hold onto your hopes and dreams and keep pushing forward. You don’t want to later regret giving up your dreams and settling for a job you will be miserable doing for the rest of your life!
Apply to Write for Uloop NewsJoin the Uloop News Team
Discuss This Article
More Uloop Campus Life Articles
UNIVERSITY OF MINNESOTA JOB LISTINGSSee all UNIVERSITY OF MINNESOTA Job Listings
UNIVERSITY OF MINNESOTA Job Listings
WRITE FOR ULOOPApply to Write for Uloop News
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TOP 5 NEWS ARTICLES
BROWSE OTHER COLLEGES
- By CollegeUniversity of MinnesotaSaint Cloud State UniversityMinnesota State University-MankatoUniversity of Minnesota-DuluthUniversity of St ThomasCarleton CollegeConcordia CollegeWinona State UniversityGustavus Adolphus CollegeCentury CollegeAugsburg CollegeBemidji State UniversityBethel UniversityBrown CollegeCapella UniversityCollege of Saint Benedict and Saint Johns UniversityCollege of St CatherineConcordia University, Saint PaulCrown CollegeHamline UniversityMacalester CollegeMetropolitan State UniversityMinnesota School of BusinessMinnesota State University MoorheadNorth Central UniversityNorthwestern CollegeSaint Mary's University of MinnesotaSouthwest Minnesota State UniversitySt. Olaf CollegeThe Art Institutes International MinnesotaThe College of Saint ScholasticaUniversity of Minnesota-CrookstonUniversity of Minnesota-MorrisWalden UniversityWilliam Mitchell College of LawSt. Cloud Technical CollegeMinneapolis Community and Technical CollegeMinnesota State Community and Technical CollegeAdler Graduate SchoolMinnesota State College-Southeast TechnicalRidgewater CollegeNormandale Community CollegeAlexandria Technical & Communityl CollegeHibbing Community College Lake Superior College Leech Lake Tribal College Mesabi Range CollegeMinnesota West Community and Technical CollegeNortheast Higher Education DistrictNorthland Community & Technical CollegePine Technical and Community CollegeRiverland Community College Rochester Community and Technical CollegeVermilion Community College Academy CollegeAmerican Indian OIC IncAnoka-Ramsey Community College-Cambridge CampusAveda Institute-MinneapolisBethel Seminary-St PaulCentral Lakes College-Staples CampusCosmetology Careers Unlimited College of Hair Skin and NailsCrossroads CollegeDakota County Technical CollegeDuluth Business UniversityDunwoody College of TechnologyEmpire Beauty School-Eden PrairieEmpire Beauty School-St PaulFond du Lac Tribal and Community CollegeHastings Beauty SchoolHerzing University-MinneapolisLuther SeminaryM State - Detroit Lakes CampusM State - Wadena CampusMartin Luther CollegeMayo Graduate SchoolMcNally Smith College of MusicMinneapolis College of Art and DesignMinnesota School of Business-Elk RiverMinnesota School of Business-LakevilleMinnesota School of Business-MoorheadMinnesota School of Business-RochesterMinnesota School of Business-Waite ParkMinnesota State College-SE Technical-Red WingModel College of Hair DesignNational American University-BurnsvilleNational American University-RochesterNorthland Community and Technical College - East Grand ForksNorthwest Technical CollegeNova Academy of CosmetologyOak Hills Christian CollegePark Avenue School of CosmetologyPine Technical & Community CollegeRainy River Community CollegeRasmussen College-Lake Elmo/WoodburyRasmussen College-MankatoRegency Beauty Institute-BurnsvilleRegency Beauty Institute-RidgedaleRochester School of Hair DesignSaint Johns UniversitySaint Paul CollegeSouth Central College-FaribaultSummit Academy Opportunities Industrialization CenterUniversity of Minnesota-RochesterWhite Earth Tribal and Community College
- By State
- By City