Ways to Relax When You Feel Anxious About the Job Hunting Process
Being a senior in college may be nerve wracking at times since graduation is less than two months away, but one thing that is making me really nervous is the job hunting process.
So far, I’ve applied to many jobs in the field I am getting a degree in. Dealing with the waiting process for job hunting isn’t the best. You never know if your resume is going to stand out against the other candidates who also want the job that you applied to.
Here are some ways that I relax while I am dealing with the job hunting process.
1. Read career advice articles
Since I am a writer, I usually love reading articles that can help me out with my daily lifestyle. My favorite career advice articles are on the Muse website (which also doubles as a job search engine). They have articles about interviews, how to make your LinkedIn stand out, cover letters, and career strategies. My favorite articles from them right now are:
2. Go outside/Enjoy the fresh air
Going outside always helps destress me when I am dealing with a lot of schoolwork or stressing over the job hunting process. When I go outside, I usually go to an outlet center, an outside shopping center, or a park. Once I am at those places, my stress goes away instantly and I take photos of the beautiful nature around me.
3. Take a spa day
Taking a nice bath or getting a massage, manicure, pedicure, or facial is always a good way to relax after applying to jobs. Even though some treatments may be expensive to college students, now there are many ways you can spend less money on treatments by doing DIY or getting spa products from stores.
Some of my favorite DIY spa treatments and spa products are:
•Face masks (Ulta, Sephora, and Target)
•Calgon Lavender and Honey Bubble Bath from Target
•Creating face masks from products like Oranges, Lemons, Honey, Ginger, etc.
4. Understand that the job searching/hunting process is stressful for everyone
Everyone in their life goes through the anxiety of job searching/hunting, especially if it lasts for more than three months. I always feel less stressed out when I know that I am not the only one going through this process right now and that this process takes time and patience.
5. Learn new skills while waiting to hear back about your application status
New skills are always good to put on your resume/LinkedIn profile. Some new skills that could be learned are how to create your own website, learning a new language, and taking classes about coding, marketing, etc. New skills can make your resume/LinkedIn stand out to recruiters (especially if that skill is going to help out in the job that you applied for).
Apply to Write for Uloop NewsJoin the Uloop News Team
Discuss This Article
More Uloop Campus Life Articles
UNIVERSITY OF MINNESOTA JOB LISTINGSSee all UNIVERSITY OF MINNESOTA Job Listings
UNIVERSITY OF MINNESOTA Job Listings
WRITE FOR ULOOPApply to Write for Uloop News
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TOP 5 NEWS ARTICLES
BROWSE OTHER COLLEGES
- By CollegeUniversity of MinnesotaSaint Cloud State UniversityMinnesota State University-MankatoUniversity of Minnesota-DuluthUniversity of St ThomasCarleton CollegeConcordia CollegeWinona State UniversityGustavus Adolphus CollegeCentury CollegeAugsburg CollegeBemidji State UniversityBethel UniversityBrown CollegeCapella UniversityCollege of Saint Benedict and Saint Johns UniversityCollege of St CatherineConcordia University, Saint PaulCrown CollegeHamline UniversityMacalester CollegeMetropolitan State UniversityMinnesota School of BusinessMinnesota State University MoorheadNorth Central UniversityNorthwestern CollegeSaint Mary's University of MinnesotaSouthwest Minnesota State UniversitySt. Olaf CollegeThe Art Institutes International MinnesotaThe College of Saint ScholasticaUniversity of Minnesota-CrookstonUniversity of Minnesota-MorrisWalden UniversityWilliam Mitchell College of LawSt. Cloud Technical CollegeMinneapolis Community and Technical CollegeMinnesota State Community and Technical CollegeAdler Graduate SchoolMinnesota State College-Southeast TechnicalRidgewater CollegeNormandale Community CollegeAlexandria Technical & Communityl CollegeHibbing Community College Lake Superior College Leech Lake Tribal College Mesabi Range CollegeMinnesota West Community and Technical CollegeNortheast Higher Education DistrictNorthland Community & Technical CollegePine Technical and Community CollegeRiverland Community College Rochester Community and Technical CollegeVermilion Community College Academy CollegeAmerican Indian OIC IncAnoka-Ramsey Community College-Cambridge CampusAveda Institute-MinneapolisBethel Seminary-St PaulCentral Lakes College-Staples CampusCosmetology Careers Unlimited College of Hair Skin and NailsCrossroads CollegeDakota County Technical CollegeDuluth Business UniversityDunwoody College of TechnologyEmpire Beauty School-Eden PrairieEmpire Beauty School-St PaulFond du Lac Tribal and Community CollegeHastings Beauty SchoolHerzing University-MinneapolisLuther SeminaryM State - Detroit Lakes CampusM State - Wadena CampusMartin Luther CollegeMayo Graduate SchoolMcNally Smith College of MusicMinneapolis College of Art and DesignMinnesota School of Business-Elk RiverMinnesota School of Business-LakevilleMinnesota School of Business-MoorheadMinnesota School of Business-RochesterMinnesota School of Business-Waite ParkMinnesota State College-SE Technical-Red WingModel College of Hair DesignNational American University-BurnsvilleNational American University-RochesterNorthland Community and Technical College - East Grand ForksNorthwest Technical CollegeNova Academy of CosmetologyOak Hills Christian CollegePark Avenue School of CosmetologyPine Technical & Community CollegeRainy River Community CollegeRasmussen College-Lake Elmo/WoodburyRasmussen College-MankatoRegency Beauty Institute-BurnsvilleRegency Beauty Institute-RidgedaleRochester School of Hair DesignSaint Johns UniversitySaint Paul CollegeSouth Central College-FaribaultSummit Academy Opportunities Industrialization CenterUniversity of Minnesota-RochesterWhite Earth Tribal and Community College
- By State
- By City